Here is a short list of links to related sites.
- Hawaii State Department of Health laboratory licensing Personnel Licensing page
- Clinical Laboratories of Hawaii
- Diagnostic Laboratory Services, Inc.
- American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science – Hawaii (ASCLS-HAWAII) professional homepage with news, links to some local healthcare facilities, job openings…
- Blood Bank of Hawaii
- Castle Medical Center
- Hilo Medical Center
- Kahuku Medical Center
- Kaiser Permanente, in Hawaii and links to other locations
- Kapiolani Community College, Medical Laboratory Technician Program
- Kuakini Health System
- Maui Memorial Medical Center
- Pali Momi Medical Center
- Straub Clinic and Hospital, Inc.
- The Queen’s Medical Center
- Tripler Army Medical Center
- Wahiawa General Hospital
- Waianae Coast Comprehensive Health Center
- Wilcox Medical Center
Educational and Reference Sites
- Bloodletting – article on history and practice by Tylor Hermanson (MEDTECH)
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Diagnostic Parasitology.
- CACMLEThe Colorado Association for Continuing Medical Laboratory Education, Inc.
- Microbes.info, The Microbiology Information Portal
- Molecular Laboratory Diagnostics on-line certificate program by Michigan State University
- National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Science (NAACLS)
- Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI) Formerly National Committee for Clinical Laboratory Standards (NCCLS)
- Native Hawaiian Center of Excellence at the University of Hawaii, John A. Burns School of Medicine
- Masters in Health Care, Links to online master’s degree in health care degrees.
- Phlebotomy Quiz by Terry Kotrla, Medical Laboratory Technology Program, Austin Community College, Texas.
- StatSoft Electronic Statistics Textbook
- Westgard Quality Corporation with a link to UW-Madison MT 520 page, Selection, Evaluation, and Control of Analytical Methods, by Dr. James O. Westgard.
Professional Reference and Academic Institute Sites
- American Association for Clinical Chemistry (AACC)
- American Association of Bioanalysts (AAB)
- American Association of Blood Banks (AABB)
- American Medical Technologists (AMT)
- American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science(ASCLS)
- American Society for Microbiology (ASM)
- American Society of Cytopathology (ASC)
- American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP)
- American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians (ASPT)
- Clinical Laboratory Management Association (CLMA)
- National Society for Histotechnology (NSH)
Regulatory and Accreditation Organizations
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Center for Medicaid/Medicare Services (CMS) – Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act (CLIA)
- College of American Pathologists – Laboratory Accreditation
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA) – Blood and Biologics
- The Joint Commission (previously known as JCAHO) – Laboratory Accreditation