JOIN US IN THE GROWING MEDICAL LAB PROFESSION. WE ARE ACCEPTING STUDENTS NOW!!
Welcome to our website, where you can learn about the important role laboratory professionals play in healthcare plus the education and training required to become a laboratory professional.
Our program is a career-pathway structure where students progress from associate degree Medical Lab Technician (MLT) to bachelor’s degree Medical Lab Scientist (MLS). Applications are accepted in fall and spring. Find out how you can enter this profession, and advance from MLS and beyond!
If you are already at UH Mānoa looking for a fulfilling major:
- Visit the Pre-Health/Pre-Law Advising Center on UH Mānoa Campus. Peer advisors will give you lots of helpful information.
- Learn more about the Kapiʻolani Community College MLT Program and admissions process.
- Schedule an advising session at the Department of Medical Technology. Contact us by phone (808-956-8557) to set up an appointment.
If you are, or about to become, a certified Medical Lab Technician (MLT) and wish to advance to Medical Lab Scientist (MLS) in two years:
- Find out how under the ADMISSIONS section. Take the first step towards career advancement.
If you already have a bachelor’s degree:
- You may qualify for the Second Degree. Learn more about this in ADMISSIONS, Second Degree Route.